College students...come intern with us!!
Oklahoma City All-Sports has up to 10 internship spots each semester for students interested in gaining experience in the Sports event planning field. Interns at All Sports work 10-12 hours a week and have a variety of responsibilities to complete in the office and at All Sports events. Office tasks include planning, organizing, directing, implementing, and evaluating all operational, logistical and programming elements for All Sports events. See below for more information on All-Sports Internships.
Internship application Deadlines:
Spring 2017: December 11, 2016
Summer 2017: April 4, 2017
Fall 2017: August 7, 2017
Intern Job Description
- Assist with planning of special events and other community relations activities. Other duties include writing and producing handbooks, fliers, advertisements and posters for these events.
- Assist in the recruitment, retention and organization of volunteers for the events listed. Other responsibilities include helping maintain membership, writing a quarterly newsletter, creating membership brochures and e-mailing updates to members. Applicants must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Other duties/tasks may also include assisting in planning, directing, implementing and evaluating all operational, logistical and programming elements for All Sports events.
- Assist with promotions, preparing press releases, maintenance and updating of the All Sports Association website and the creation of the All-College souvenir program.
- Assist with developing and maintaining relationships with All Sports sponsors. Research corporations for sponsorship potential and assist with contract negotiation and fulfillment. Assist with development/creation of sponsor gifts and baskets. Communicate with sponsors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist in creating/implementing marketing plans for all All Sports events as well as maintaining ticket sales records.
- Assist executive director with administrative duties and special projects that pertain to the operation of the All Sports Association. Knowledge of Word, Excel, InDesign and Photoshop is a plus.